Share | 

Ask a question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28
AuthorMessage
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Fri 7 Jul - 10:59

Sheka asked:-

Do you like getting up early in the morning or are you like me would rather stay up late at night and not get up early morning.

I don't know what you call early Sheka, but get up most mornings at 8:30am, as for being late up, mostly I retire at 1:30am depending if I watch something with Joe that was recorded, I might be as late as 2am, still up at 8:30am next morning though.

If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they bee. Mine would be, 1. good health. 2. always have enough money to see us okay. 3. Peace all over the world.

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Fri 7 Jul - 23:17

If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they bee. Mine would be, 1. good health. 2. always have enough money to see us okay. 3. Peace all over the world.

Good health ......to make my family and friends happy................to stop ALL violence in the world.

Do you think they should bring back hanging?

"Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that mans'  shoes *Elvis*
Back to top Go down
http://shekasshack.forumotion.co.uk
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Mon 10 Jul - 16:15

I do.........as long as they can prove 100% that the person is guilty.

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Tue 11 Jul - 11:24

Do you think that unemployed ,not the ones that really can't get a job,but the lazy ones,should be allowed to have loads of children and moved to larger coucil house,or even have 2 houses knocked into one.

"Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that mans'  shoes *Elvis*
Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Tue 11 Jul - 12:42

Sheka, Joe says the man of the house should be castrated. Bit extreme that.

Ufortunatly nowadays they have to accommodate them that have big families. I am the youngest of 8 kids and when I was born my 2 eldest brothers and 2 eldest sisters were married, in a three bedroom house my brother had his own room, Mum and Dad also, so my two sisters and I shared the biggest bedroom. From what I remember, it was great fun.
Maybe when we come out of the Common Market, things will go back to how it was and you having a big family was at your own peril. This Human rights bill we have to adhere to just now, might get chucked out the window then.

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Fri 14 Jul - 15:48

Do you prefer giving or recieving presents?

Back to top Go down
iowakansas2006

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Fri 14 Jul - 20:37

Do you prefer giving or recieving presents?
giving presents
Do you watch any soap operas on television?
Back to top Go down
http://s13.zifboards.com/Margies_Tags/index.php?
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Sat 15 Jul - 12:13

Coronation street and Emmerdale and the two Aussie soaps.

Do you like watching Showjumping.

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Sat 15 Jul - 12:37

Eastenders.........but sometimes wonder why lol

Do you like watching Showjumping.

No...I like horses but don't like to see them not being like horses,if that makes sense

Do you think animals should be trained ( I don't mean by trained ,just let them do what they like ,taught what is right or wrong) not perform as a circuse act and also be bred so they no longer look like the orginal animal,dogs for instance?

Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Sun 16 Jul - 11:46

Do you think animals should be trained.

To a certain extent yes, they need to learn how to be obedient and of course house trained as well. That's about it for me I think. The days have gone of the performing animal, I am pleased to say.

Do you think we live in good times or were the times better in the past? Or do you still think they have to come.

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Sun 16 Jul - 13:29

Do you think we live in good times or were the times better in the past? Or do you still think they have to come.

There has always been murders ect but I do think it has gotten worse.We could leave our back door unlocked a few years ago but not now.People were more friendly and willing to chat.When we got our first house all the neighbours around had young children like we did so we would take the kiddies to school together ,if one of them grew out of a shirt or any clothing we would pass it on to a neighbours child,now nobody would want that.As we were all young parents we would help each other out but now around here anway the kids run riot parents don't seem to bother.
Maybe it will get better but i personally would rather go back to the days where we had far less in the home ect but had neighbours that really cared..................wouldn't you want that?

Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Mon 17 Jul - 11:47

I'm with you there Sheka, it was a good time to grow up in, the neighbours all kept in touch with one another and no matter where you played somebody saw you, if you were playing outwith the area your parents told you to stay within a neighbour was sure to remind you that you shouldn't be there. We had a swing park near where we lived but were banned from going there because you had to cross a busy road to get to it. My brother, (9 years older than me) decided to go with his mates one day and he rushed out over the busy road and a bus hit him (luckily for him the bus was just pulling away from a bus stop) anyway my brother who thankfully was unhurt, was more concerned about how he was going to explain a huge rip in his brand new trousers, than the huge bump on his head. He was okay though, mind you I bet he suffered for crossing that busy road in the first place. Anyway Sheka, these days I know my next door neighbour and another couple 4 doors down, but that's it. Yep, the golden days have gone right enough.

Do you get a 2 week holiday every year, we used to but now.........I don't remember my last holiday, it was many years ago now. Still, I don't really mind these days.

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Mon 17 Jul - 12:12

Do you get a 2 week holiday every year, we used to but now.........I don't remember my last holiday, it was many years ago now. Still, I don't really mind these days.

No I haven't had one for a long time Johnny used to get a weekend now and then but now he said he would rather be at home with me ..awe.I do miss going some place but hate traveling,always get travel sick.I wish we could turn the clock back to the days we did do more life does get a bit boring at times,but there are plenty worse of,so I guess by happy with what you have ,a nice home lovely garden and friendly neighbours,as well as my dear internet friends.

If you could would you like to meet up with one or more of your internet friends,I would...especially you Sabbi :mhug:

Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Tue 18 Jul - 12:11

If you could would you like to meet up with one or more of your internet friends,I would...especially you Sabbi

Awe that's nice, if it was possible I would like to meet you too Sheka, also Pat. I am not so out and about now, I am mobile in the house but a visit to my local shop is my limit these days. Joe is okay around the house and going to the local shop too but he has a walking stick these days.

I know you love your House and garden but if you could move them to anywhere, where would that be?

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Fri 21 Jul - 0:04

I know you love your House and garden but if you could move them to anywhere, where would that be?

Your right I do luv my home and garden but don't like where it is with drug dealers so near.So I would move it but not sure where ,some place quiet and more in the country.i luv open spaces.

You ever had a day ................like mine today lol.................where you feel no matter what you try and do it doesn't work and in the end you just want to give up.I will be honest if it wasn't for Johnny today i would have given up on the forum...............so please thank him to.

Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Fri 21 Jul - 11:33

When we are decorating (thankfully not often these days) there is always something that doesn't go to plan, in our heads it is straightforward enough but getting down to it isn't as easy as we thought. We just give up and wait till Joes' friend Hector arrives and he sorts it out easily. I think sometimes we make thing difficult for ourselves. Such is life I suppose.

So glad the Shack is back to looking like normal again, down to you and Johnny working hard to get our lovely banner and skin back..........so Sheka and Johnny..........well done both of you.

Have you ever worked in a factory? and if you have, why did you take the job?

I always worked in offices or shops, but when I was 18 the shop I worked in closed down and at the time the only vacancy was in Johnnie Walker Whisky distillery. I applied for the job and got it. I loved it there, when the average girls wage was £6, 50 a week I was earning a whopping £9. 30 a week. Hard work but great wages and I made a lot of really good friends into the bargain. My best friend at
the time thought it was beneath me to work in a factory. She was a bit of a snob herself though. She used to buy new clothes every Saturday but as her sister and her mother were built slim like my friend, they all took turns at wearing the clothes. I didn't get new stuff as often but at least I was the only one who wore it when I did.

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Fri 21 Jul - 19:51

Have you ever worked in a factory? and if you have, why did you take the job?

No I never did ...you working in a distillery ,plenty of that then
When I left school at 15 I went into hairdressing ,which I luved and after getting married and becoming a Mum did home hairdressing.

Do you prefer a shower to a bath,As we have a wet room with a shower we have no choice ,do like a shower but would luv to lay back in a bath and read,like we used to.

Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Sat 22 Jul - 11:53

Do you prefer a shower to a bath,As we have a wet room with a shower we have no choice ,do like a shower but would luv to lay back in a bath and read,like we used to.

I love my shower, I used to like a bath but I must admit I don't miss it at all, I shower most mornings
and before I go to bed as well. Really couldn't be without it now.

Do you eat a breakfast first in the morning or do you have a refreshing Cuppa first. We have a Coffee first, then I go get breakfast ready, which is always cereal.

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Sat 22 Jul - 20:19

Do you eat a breakfast first in the morning or do you have a refreshing Cuppa first. We have a Coffee first, then I go get breakfast ready, which is always cereal.

I eat cereals ( because I have to ) with my hot choc.

Do you have a cooked lunch or a salad or just a sandwich..................I mostly have salad,because of my diet lol

Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Sun 23 Jul - 13:59

Do you have a cooked lunch or a salad or just a sandwich..................I mostly have salad,because of my diet lol

We usually have a sandwich with a Coffee then either a pastry or Chocolate biscuit.

Do you sit at the table to eat your Dinner in the evening, or do you eat while sitting in your armchair and watching telly. We watch telly while eating.

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Sun 23 Jul - 21:15

Do you sit at the table to eat your Dinner in the evening, or do you eat while sitting in your armchair and watching telly. We watch telly while eating.

We don't have a dining room table now ,3 coffee tables as we only have large loung no diner.I sit on my recliner with a tray,Johnny uses coffee table sometimes.We watch Eggheads while we eat but if they aren't on then we don't watch tv while eating.

As it's already getting dark here do you like it dark early evening or light until late?

Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Yesterday at 11:47

As it's already getting dark here do you like it dark early evening or light until late?

Still daylight here till about 11pm just now, I love the light night nights. When I go to bed at 1;30am it is getting lighter then for the morning.

Do you eat a lot of meat in the week or is it more a thing for the weekend like it used to be? Myself personally am not a fan of meat anyway, (and me a Butchers wife) I like gammon and maybe lamb but that's it. Give me Fish or Pizza any day.

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   Yesterday at 12:38

Do you eat a lot of meat in the week or is it more a thing for the weekend like it used to be? Myself personally am not a fan of meat anyway, (and me a Butchers wife) I like gammon and maybe lamb but that's it. Give me Fish or Pizza any day.

I do eat meat most day ,not a fan of fish although I eat it now and then.I don't like pizza and fish shop ,am a very fussy eater.

How often do you have visitors and do you like it when they just turn up or would you rather they phone first

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question   

Back to top Go down

Ask a question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 28 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28