Sheka's Shack
Welcome. You may now log in with your user name and password or register

Ask a question

Page 29 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 36 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ask a question

Post by Sabbi ~ Moderator on Wed 26 Jul - 11:47

Would you like to have been born years ago into a big house with servants.Wear those big posh dresses and use a fan or lace hanky.........................I know I wouldn't lol

Nor me, I like to do my own thing and bossing servants around is not an ambition of mine. Some folks believe when we die, we are reborn as a baby somewhere else in the world, well if that is true I truly hope I am always born into the working class because I am comfortable there.

When you read or see on telly someone saying, don't eat this and don't eat that, do you comply or go on buying it, I don't mean food that has been poisoned or anything, I mean for example, maybe a special kind of apple, one says don't eat it because of the tainted soil it has been grown in, whilst another expert tells us that's rubbish, it has no affect on the Apple or it's taste. Would you still eat that apple?

Sabbi ~ Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by iowakansas2006 on Wed 26 Jul - 13:26

When you read or see on telly someone saying, don't eat this and don't eat that, do you comply or go on buying it, I don't mean food that has been poisoned or anything, I mean for example, maybe a special kind of apple, one says don't eat it because of the tainted soil it has been grown in, whilst another expert tells us that's rubbish, it has no affect on the Apple or it's taste. Would you still eat that apple? Nope I wouldn't.
Do you think you're better then your family and friends are?
Nope I'm just a person that's it. No better or worst.
iowakansas2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheka ~ Owner on Wed 26 Jul - 14:29

Do you think you're better then your family and friends are?

No I am just me,what you see ,read is what I am .I like to make friends and never betray a friends trust I care about people and that is not an act I don't do lies.

Would you still be friends with somebody that you know has lied about you and would you go confront that person ( I certainly would)

"Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that mans'  shoes *Elvis*
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

http://shekasshack.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabbi ~ Moderator on Fri 28 Jul - 11:54

Would you still be friends with somebody that you know has lied about you and would you go confront that person ( I certainly would)

That has never happened to me but like you, I would confront them about it.

If you had a poor animal arrive at your back door hungry (Cat or Dog I mean) would you feed it and if it kept coming back would you continue to feed it? I would and if it was really a stray, I would take it in (I'm a sucker for that) How do you think I ended up with 8 cats :mlol:

I better watch out then because after all those years we only have 3 cats, just a matter of time till the strays get to hear there is room at the Inn again. :gig:

Sabbi ~ Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheka ~ Owner on Fri 28 Jul - 16:51

Sabbi i would be like you but we don't have the room for animals here so i would have to phone the nearest animal shelter.

If you are feeling unwell or have a good reason for not posting on forums do you feel guilty if you don't ,so you go post even if you are not up to it?

"Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that mans'  shoes *Elvis*
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabbi ~ Moderator on Sat 29 Jul - 11:49

If you are feeling unwell or have a good reason for not posting on forums do you feel guilty if you don't ,so you go post even if you are not up to it?

I am delighted to say I have never been in that position ...... BUT..... I think I would post early putting folks in the picture for my absence, I would hate them to be wondering where I was.

If you try something new to eat (something you never tried before ever) and you find that you like it, are you one of those folks (like me) that eat it all the time after that till you get sick of the sight of it. I am awful for that.

Sabbi ~ Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheka ~ Owner on Sat 29 Jul - 12:20

If you try something new to eat (something you never tried before ever) and you find that you like it, are you one of those folks (like me) that eat it all the time after that till you get sick of the sight of it. I am awful for that.

Sabbi i must admit I used to do that a lot but now have to be careful what i eat.....which is boring ,so no don't do that as much now.

If you watch a movie that you really like do you go buy the dvd then watch it loads even if your other half doesn't like it.....just send him in the other room :gig:

Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabbi ~ Moderator on Sun 30 Jul - 19:05

If you watch a movie that you really like do you go buy the dvd then watch it loads even if your other half doesn't like it.....just send him in the other room :gig:

Sheka, I wish I had a pound for every dvd we bought, thankfully we both like the same kind of movies anyway.

On the subject on watching movies at home. Do you settle down to a movie with your treats at the ready or do you never bother with treats and just enjoy the movie?

Sabbi ~ Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheka ~ Owner on Mon 31 Jul - 0:05

On the subject on watching movies at home. Do you settle down to a movie with your treats at the ready or do you never bother with treats and just enjoy the movie?

We rarely eat treats Sabbi,both watching our health,but do like a good movie.

Do you like roncoms,westerns,horror,comedy.murder or more real life movies?

Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabbi ~ Moderator on Mon 31 Jul - 13:13

I don't like Horrors at all or Drama so much, my favourite is Thrillers and Sci Fi. I guess you could say I am Trekkie and Stargate fan.

When you do the laundry, do you fold it and put it away when you bring it in dry from the rope (I do) or do you iron them before folding and putting away? (like I used to do) Actually not a lot of ironing needed these days anyway.

Sabbi ~ Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheka ~ Owner on Mon 31 Jul - 14:50

When you do the laundry, do you fold it and put it away when you bring it in dry from the rope (I do) or do you iron them before folding and putting away? (like I used to do) Actually not a lot of ironing needed these days anyway.
I have just got mine in and folded it all and put it away.The things that need ironing are mostly tops,trousers and skirts,they go in the bottom of Johnny's wardrobe until there is enough to iron.I do iron bed linen unless it is really creased,used to.lol

How far do you think you walk in a week.Our son has one of those watches that show you how many miles you walk.He showed us the other day ,him and wife walk 40 miles a week.They are both on a fitness rutine which is good when you think our son can have heart and bone,joints problems passed down from both Johnny and me.

Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iowakansas2006 on Mon 31 Jul - 22:31

I like some comedy and real life movies myself. Including murder to.
I do the laundry, put it in the dryer, fold it and put it away.
Do you clip and use cents off coupons?
iowakansas2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheka ~ Owner on Tue 1 Aug - 0:47

Do you clip and use cents off coupons?

Years ago we used to have greenshield stamps which we saved and used them for groceries especially at Christmas time

If you could afford a cleaner ,or would just like one would you be happy to let them clean your whole house without you watching to make sure they don't miss a bit :glo6:

Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabbi ~ Moderator on Tue 1 Aug - 11:31

How far do you think you walk in a week.Our son has one of those watches that show you how many miles you walk.He showed us the other day ,him and wife walk 40 miles a week.They are both on a fitness rutine which is good when you think our son can have heart and bone,joints problems passed down from both Johnny and me.

Sadly these days I don't walk far (up to the local shop) about 5 mins away. Mind you I live in Cottage and with the toilet upstairs I get plenty of exercise in a day. :rpol:

Do you take day trips away just on a whim? We don't so much now but when we were younger we used to get up in the morning and if not working that day, decide a trip to another town would be a treat. We have no car so it was always train or bus, but we loved doing that.

Sabbi ~ Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheka ~ Owner on Wed 2 Aug - 0:10

Do you take day trips away just on a whim? We don't so much now but when we were younger we used to get up in the morning and if not working that day, decide a trip to another town would be a treat. We have no car so it was always train or bus, but we loved doing that.

We had a tent and all the gear years ago so often went away Friday evening until Sunday afternoon.Now we can't do that so it is short trips out not all day or weekends.

Did you ever go camping?

Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabbi ~ Moderator on Wed 2 Aug - 11:34

Did you ever go camping?

No way Sheka, the thought of bugs and other creepy crawlies put me off and I have to say the thought of sleeping in a tent that could be entered by a stranger scared me.

have you ever walked miles for charity? I did, in the early eighties, 3 friends and I walked all 98 miles of the West Highland Way. It took us 7 days It was a great achievement for me and I was so proud to have done it. Mind you, I had blisters on my ankles by the finish.

Sabbi ~ Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheka ~ Owner on Wed 2 Aug - 12:50

Well Done Sabbi :awesome: No i have never done that.

In your bedroom do you have wardrobes for summer clothes and another for winter (I do)

Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabbi ~ Moderator on Sat 5 Aug - 16:53

In your bedroom do you have wardrobes for summer clothes and another for winter (I do)
Nope we have wardrobes for His clothes and My clothes. :glo6:

Do you have a dressing table with Mirror and do you use it. (I don't)

Sabbi ~ Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 6 Aug - 0:27

No dressing table or mirror at all, our flat is far too small for any frivolous extras such as that, lol!

:glo6:

Do you have any nice local park areas/green spaces near where you live?

:os:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheka ~ Owner on Sun 6 Aug - 0:43

Do you have a dressing table with Mirror and do you use it

I don't have one,I have a wall to wall wardrobe and on the opposite wall my bed and chest of drawers and bedside cabinates.Large mirror in the hall though.

Do you have any nice local park areas/green spaces near where you live?

Right opposite our bungalow is a large park area.

Kimmy good to see you joining in this thread,thank you.

Do you have one of these I do and it's great to see the keys when you only have bedside lamp on,it is also good for reading your kindle it the dark

Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 6 Aug - 9:39

I don't have one of those, no, I don't think I need one either

Do you like where you live?

:pan:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheka ~ Owner on Sun 6 Aug - 19:46

I like the bungalow but not the area...to noisy.

Do you have nice nieghbours?

Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 7 Aug - 9:48

Not really no, they're rather ignorant and somewhat inconsiderate to say the least...

How was your weekend?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabbi ~ Moderator on Mon 7 Aug - 11:16

Absolutely great.

How will you fill your day today?

Sabbi ~ Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheka ~ Owner on Mon 7 Aug - 12:14

How was your weekend?

Other than not nice weather it was fine,

How will you fill your day today?

Been washing ,then cleaning the shower room and kitchen drawers,now posting unt lunch time ,then my friend from across the road is coming over so that will be nice,

What are you doing today............I hope you check the new posts....please

Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 43 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 36 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top