Share | 

Chat about anything

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Chat about anything   Thu 23 Feb - 13:47

This thread is for a general chat,ask your friends how they are,talk about how you cope with illness (nothing to depressing )
How long you sit at your computer (gawd Sabbi will take over here :rolling: )How often you do washing,gardening ,Basically anything you want to talk about please do.

I'll start,

This morning because it is so windy in our little parking bay all the bins have gotten blown over ,rubbish everywhere.The neighbours (only 6 now) have been out the front trying to clean up.As some of us are disabled do you not think the council would help?

"Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that mans'  shoes *Elvis*
Back to top Go down
http://shekasshack.forumotion.co.uk
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Thu 23 Feb - 14:38

Hey Sheka, it's the council you are talking about, are you for real :rolling: I'm still surprised they uplift the rubbish once a week. Anyway you take care, I saw the storm on the news and wow it was bad. I feel way up here we are living in a different continent from you. It is lovely and calm here, Thankfully. A woman has died as well in the storm. My washing is once a week, gardening zilch. never did like doing a garden, we only have a green now at the back and trees planted along one edge. We have a man comes in every three weeks starting in April. I hope everyone is getting along nicely today. :grin:

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Thu 23 Feb - 17:44

Guess you are right Sabbi about the council :lagh:

Sabbi no flowers in your garden,How many of you have a flower garden or do you just have a patch of grass like Sabbi,guess it's what you like doing,or not :lagh:

"Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that mans'  shoes *Elvis*
Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Thu 23 Feb - 22:33

Before we came to live up here Sheka that was 26 years ago, Joe liked his garden where we lived, he had a greenhouse with cactus and other plants in it and flowers in the garden itself, he also had a veggie part as well. He was in it working every night. I was in the garden at some time of the day every day and all day on Saturday and Sunday in summer, but I was sunbathing. :lagh:

Back to top Go down
chrisdebag -Cardif~Fan

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Thu 23 Feb - 23:51

:peg:  I only sit at the computer when i am awake

Back to top Go down
pitszal

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Fri 24 Feb - 1:13

Sheka ~ Owner wrote:
Guess you are right Sabbi about the council :lagh:

Sabbi no flowers in your garden,How many of you have a flower garden or do you just have a patch of grass like Sabbi,guess it's what you like doing,or not :lagh:

I do not have a flower garden. Lucky for the flowers. Artificial flowers die on me. Shows you how good I am.:rolling:
Back to top Go down
http://pitszal.freeforums.net/
iowakansas2006

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Fri 24 Feb - 8:14

I use to have a green thumb years ago. But not anymore. With our little dog Sassy, we don't have any real flowers around us unless they're outside.
Back to top Go down
http://s13.zifboards.com/Margies_Tags/index.php?
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Fri 24 Feb - 9:57

Hi guys, well here have our very own NEW chit chat section. Firstly, we have a skin of snow here this morning, won't last long though because the sun is melting it as we speak. Magic. It doesn't feel too cold either so that's good as well. I do hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend guys. Get in here and tell us all about your day and how you want to spend it. Sheka, I love the new setup girl. Good on you. Have a great Friday guys. :bhug:

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Fri 24 Feb - 10:00

My Nan luved gardening and from a very early ages ( I lived with her) she would have me out digging and I had my own little plot (about a foot wide) I thought it was great until my teacher at school moaned about me taking dirt in the classroom on my shoes.One day I even had a worm stuck on my dress,all the kids,about 5 year olds,screamed and I just gently lifted it of,went to give it to the teacher but she shuddered and told me to take it outside.

Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Fri 24 Feb - 12:21

Sheka, my Dad (God bless his soul) Loved his garden and it was a huge one, we were in a corner house and it had a huge garden on the corner, his particular passion was Roses and that garden was sectioned into three beds and each one was filled with Roses. The back garden was even bigger and he had flowers there as well, Gladioli, Carnations, Lupins and Dahlias as well. That's only the ones I remember Sheka. Half way up the garden we had a sweet Pea frame and beyond that to the right, his greenhouse and to the left our Vegetable garden. Yep my Dad had green fingers right enough. Mum always said if the greenhouse was bigger, he would sleep there as well. :rolling: When my Dad passed away Joe got the greenhouse, he grew his own Tomatoes and Cactus plants aplenty were in it as well. Yep, them were the days.

Back to top Go down
pat4 soul~mate

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Fri 24 Feb - 12:50

We have some daffodils out and crocus's blooming we had some buds on my mam and dads rose tree's but they got damaged in the storm yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Fri 24 Feb - 14:24

Oh Pat, sorry to hear that but at least the plant will flower again. I know you like to see it flower my friend and it will, it was just unfortunate you got that blasted weather yesterday Pat.

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Fri 24 Feb - 19:46

Sorry about your rose tree Pat.

My friend across the road lost a lot of plants yesterday in that wind.We tied a lot down or covered them in fleece so were lucky none got damaged,
Sabbi your Dad's garden sounds the sort of place I would luv.Do you have any pictures if so could you post them I for one would luv to see them.

Back to top Go down
justlovely

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Fri 24 Feb - 21:33

Just not feeling good today. Have a great weekend. Hugs
Back to top Go down
pitszal

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Sat 25 Feb - 1:31

Feel better justlovely. Going to make an appointment for my Colonoscopy next week. I an nervous already. Anyone have one?
Back to top Go down
http://pitszal.freeforums.net/
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Sat 25 Feb - 11:42

Natalie, I hope you feel much better today, not nice feeling unwell. Pitszal, I never had one thankfully but try not to worry, these days thing like that are much better. From memory my Mum had one and I am sure she said it was okay, just felt slightly uncomfortable, not in the least sore and Hey! that was more than 40 years ago, thing will have progressed again since then. Try not to worry Pitzal. Sheka, sorry about your neighbours plants but glad yours are okay my friend, as for my Dad's garden, I will need to unearth the old photographs I have but I don't think there will be any of that garden, we took pictures way back then but of family sitting on the grass, I will look though. I hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Sat 25 Feb - 13:03

Nat sorry you don't feel well I hope you :flgetwe:

Pitszal they are a bit uncomfortable but don't hurt so try not to worry and relax when having it :bhug:

Yes Sabbi get some pics out please.

I was here making your flags until gone 4 this morning ,got to start going to bed at night :lagh: Guess I have stayed up late for so many years can't get into going to bed early.
Do any of you have a habit that you started years ago and can't seem to break?

Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Sat 25 Feb - 13:59

Yes I Have..........MEN...................Thankfully the same one all the time now though. :lagh: :rolling:

Back to top Go down
pat4 soul~mate

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Sat 25 Feb - 14:23

I felt awful lastnight my leg and hip were hurting so I ended up relaxing all evening then decided to go to bed early.
I'm feeling okay this morning. :grin:
Back to top Go down
justlovely

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Sat 25 Feb - 18:18

Hello everyone. It is very windy outside. I'm staying in where it's not windy lol. Have a good one.
Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Sun 26 Feb - 0:48

Do you go to bed at roughly the same time very night ?

Back to top Go down
LuvPaws

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Sun 26 Feb - 11:05

Hi Sheka,
No, I don't go to bed at the same time. I have horrible sleeping habits!
Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Sun 26 Feb - 11:56

Hello Bubs gf, long time no see, I have missed you my friend.
It is a nice sunny day here today and mild and dry as well. Sheka, had a good look for old photographs but so far no luck. I do have a bag of them somewhere, it is just the finding where and  I'm not sure there will be any of the old garden but for you my friend, I will look. Have a good day everyone.

Back to top Go down
pat4 soul~mate

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Sun 26 Feb - 12:05

:bhi: everyone

No cooking today we are off to McDonald later.
Its very cold and windy here today.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone
Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   Sun 26 Feb - 12:46

Every time I comes to post somebody arrives or the phone goes lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat about anything   

Back to top Go down

Chat about anything
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 39Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next