HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Exercise............

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Exercise............   Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:15 am

As we get older we all seem to slow down ,sit around more espicailly if we have a laptop/computer (who doesn't) So do you make sure you go for walks regular and do some kind of exercise and also take more care of what you eat so as not to get very over weight.

"Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that mans'  shoes *Elvis*
Back to top Go down
http://shekasshack.forumotion.co.uk
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Exercise............   Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:24 pm

I don't like to travel and as live in a small village it's easy enough to walk everywhere. Local shops and the doctors are only a 10 minute walk away and we have dogs.
I've always been a wee bit chubby. after having kids...9 stone sounds good but to a small person like me it gives me a wee bit of a belly and some extra thigh.I was really ill a couple of years ago a couldn't eat anything (I had to survive on those complan shakes that I could only sip at) and my weight dropped in a month until a size 6 in clothes was a good fit..it was scary to look at as I looked like a skeleton and it also made me look lots older. with this I'm glad to know that I can eat and I don't care that I'm a wee bit chubby. Yes I still walk everywhere but I eat what I want, which is usually a good home cooked meal
Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Exercise............   Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:53 pm

Joe and I walk a bit in the afternoon, only about a 15min walk. I tend to sit more now than I should at the Laptop but I do make myself go to the kitchen just for the exercise and of course we live in a Cottage so the stairs I am up and down often in the day as well. I am a little overweight but I am happy and I love my Chocolate too but only eat it on a Saturday night now. Boy this is Saturday..........Chocolate tonight, A bag of Revels for my birthday treat. :rolling:

Back to top Go down
Pinky

PostSubject: Re: Exercise............   Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:17 pm

I used to ride my bike to work every day but since I moved house just before Christmas I walk to work.

I do a lot of walking in work going around the shop serving customers. My feet don't lie lol.
Back to top Go down
http://pinkyandfriends.proboards.com/
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Exercise............   Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:42 am

I used to walk for miles and really miss it but because of spinal arthritis can't walk far and as we live in a bungalow we have no stairs.I do make sure I walk around indoors and do exercises.In summer I am in the garden a lot.
As I have stomache problems I have to be very careful what I eat so not over weight.

"Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that mans'  shoes *Elvis*
Back to top Go down
Bunnykins

PostSubject: Re: Exercise............   Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:36 am

For 2years i was virtually stuck in the chair after my gps advised me not to do this do that etc ..i had a wheelchair to go out in ..i put on a lot of weight and felt that was it ..then my son took me to a private speacilist i had tests xrays etc and was given physio swimming gym work etc and ive lost 4 dress sizes in 3 months and will reach my size 12 target in a month .. i can walk around the shops with the help of painkillers and my understanding boyfriend...i know i will need surgery in the future but thats not goung to stop me anymore
Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Exercise............   Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:54 am

Bunnykins our daughter has similar problems to.Some doctors don't know what they are talking about.

Back to top Go down
chrisdebag -Cardif~Fan

PostSubject: Re: Exercise............   Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:33 pm

I used to exercise a lot.  From 2003-06 I used to use a gazelle freestyle and would exercise for 30 minutes every night.  i would even drink nettle tea :rolling:

Oh dear now i dont but I should exercise

Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Exercise............   Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:41 pm

That's wonderful Bunnykins, I used to go to weightwatchers (many years ago) and we went to the pool to exercise after our weigh in on a Thursday morning. I loved it, I like swimming anyway but the pool exercises were so easy, yes you felt it the next day but your body got used to it. I lost 6 stone in 8 months. That was back in 1986, sadly I put a lot on again over the years, STILL, I am happy. Yes Bunnykins. give yourself a pat on the back from me, I think you are a remarkable lady. :grd:

Back to top Go down
Bunnykins

PostSubject: Re: Exercise............   Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:53 am

Thank you sabbi thats so sweet of you ..like you i used to swim a lot too ..i go a few times a month now but mostly my home gym .. chrisdebag or should i say gazelle man lol that made me laugh ..its hard word eh
Back to top Go down

Exercise............
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sheka's Shack :: SHEKA'S SHACK :: HELLO :: DEBATES-
Jump to: