WELCOME TO ALL OUR FRIENDS

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Favourite day out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bunnykins

PostSubject: Favourite day out    Wed 22 Mar - 0:40

I love going to Whipsnade zoo and sitting on the downs having a picnic. ..tbh thats when im at my happiest seeing the animals ..especially the meerkats ..where or what is your favorite thing to do
Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Wed 22 Mar - 23:49

Like you Bunny I too like seeing animals as long as they are in open zoo with lots of space to run around.
I also luv going to visit the very big gardens that are open to the public.The ones that have hundreds of flowers and lovely fishponds with waterfalls.

"Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that mans'  shoes *Elvis*
Back to top Go down
http://shekasshack.forumotion.co.uk
Bunnykins

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Thu 23 Mar - 2:37

Sounds like a fun day out sheka ..Whipsnade zoo they have fabulous enclosures for the animals thats why we go there .. im not too much into garden centres but me and my man love fish and have 2 tanks
Back to top Go down
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Thu 23 Mar - 12:01

museums..first place I look for when I'm going to visit anywhere. I'm nosy and like seeing past and present things and how they are presented.
Back to top Go down
steel bat

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Thu 23 Mar - 20:22

The countryside or the coast.
Other than perhaps Ireland, where in the world would you find anywhere as green and beautiful as England ?
Back to top Go down
http://steelbat.weebly.com
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Thu 23 Mar - 23:22

I guess you might well be right Bat man...............but Wales is pretty green too,well where the sheep haven't eaten all the grass :wlol:

"Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that mans'  shoes *Elvis*
Back to top Go down
Bunnykins

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Sun 26 Mar - 2:08

I actually havnt been to ireland but its on my list of places to visit ..wales ive visited a few times ..and im definitely nosey so museums would be great for me lol .. i love the coast although i dont go in the sea ..scared of what lurks below the surface lol
Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Sun 26 Mar - 16:02

When younger I used to love bus tours of the highlands of Scotland That would be the greenest grass in contrast with the Purple Heather you will see anywhere in the world other than New Zealand of course, that is the nearest to the beauty of the highlands there is. I also like The Lake District but for another type of landscape. Bunnykins, I see you and your hubby have fish, what kind, my husband and I have Marine fish.

Back to top Go down
Bunnykins

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Mon 27 Mar - 1:10

Hi sabbi ..we have 2 tanks 1 with tropical fish like ghourami pleco goby guppy etc and the other is being set up for shrimp and siamese fighter fish ..tbh i would love a marine tank too but hubby thinks its too much work
Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Mon 27 Mar - 18:22

Bunnykins, we started out like you many many years ago with what you have as well. My husband calls them 'Pretty fish' If you are looking to Marines for their Colour, might I suggest a tank of Malawi Cichlids? The only difference between freshwater fish and Malawi's is, the water has to be hard water, but you can buy stuff to harden the water. Malawi's are lovely fish and come in many colours, Blue, Red, Green and Yellow. We had them for years Bunnykins. From that we progressed to Marines. Joe does the technical stuff like making up the salt water and it has to be checked out every three Months or so and you have to top up the tank every couple of weeks because salt water evaporates. The fish themselves are costly, depending on what you want in the tank and like tropical you have to have fish that will live with one another. We have 2 Yellow Tangs, 5 Blue Damselfish,  4 Pyjama Cardinals, 1 Majestic Angelfish
1 Flame Angelfish, 1 Longnosed  Hawkfish, 1Puffer fish, 1 Foxfaced Rabbit Fish, 1 Firefish. They are easy to feed as well but they are costly, Most of ours cost between £25 and £50 each but the Rabbit fish was £100 (he is big) and the Flame Angelfish was £85 It can be quite expensive Bunnykins setting it all up. Our tank is 5 feet by 2 feet by 2 feet. Joe is thinking of adding more fish (about 5 more)

Back to top Go down
Bunnykins

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Wed 29 Mar - 21:19

Thank you so much for all of the information sabbi ..sounds much easier than i thought ..for some reason i thought it would need checking daily..mind i dont do the technical side i look at them and leave the rest to ..hubby as thinking about the Malawi fish but think 120litres isnt big enough ..maybe you or your husband can advise on that ..you have some beautiful fish in your tank i bet it looks amazing..
Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Sun 2 Apr - 11:39

Bunnykins, my hubby says he would not have Malawi's in a tank less than 3ft long x 2ft x 2ft he says that the Malawi's need that space to grow. We used to have and entertaining time watching them poke there heads out of spaces in the rocks to see who was around. Oh you need rock work rather than plants for Malawi's to make their home, and they guard it well. When you introduce a new fish to an established tank, it is always best to move the rockwork around a wee bit because they are all so busy looking for new homes they don't annoy any new fish you put in and by the time they Do notice the new ones, they think they have always been there. Yes Malawi's are lovely colours as well Bunnykins and I would have again anytime, unfortunately we live so far north that we have to get our fish brought up by a friend who lives in Inverness, when he is coming up to visit family he phones Joe a couple of days before and Joe phones the Pet shop down there to see what they have, once picked he phones his friend and tells hit to pick them up for him. We only have a Pets At Home shop up here and they only sell Pretty Fish and a few Malawi's but No Marines, they won't even take an order for them. Yes it is quite difficult up here. You would love the Malawi's Bunnykins, they are very entertaining. Let me know how you get on if you do get them or Marines, Joe will help any way he can. :hugbun:

Back to top Go down
steel bat

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Mon 3 Apr - 19:50

they any good with chips ?
Back to top Go down
http://steelbat.weebly.com
Kyng

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Tue 4 Apr - 1:08

I always enjoyed going to Oxford to see my sister there. Sometimes, we'd go to the local museums; other times, we'd visit the university gardens.

Now that she's graduated, though, it's something I never have any reason to do any more :( .
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_Coffee_House/index/
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Tue 4 Apr - 14:40

Kyng wrote:
I always enjoyed going to Oxford to see my sister there. Sometimes, we'd go to the local museums; other times, we'd visit the university gardens.

Now that she's graduated, though, it's something I never have any reason to do any more :( .

Sound a really nice day out ,shame you don't do it now,but nice your sister graduated

Back to top Go down
Bunnykins

PostSubject: Re: Favourite day out    Tue 11 Apr - 11:50

Sorry for late reply sabbi ..been distracted by life..the Malawi sound and look amazing ..i wish i could have them but atm i cabt fit a bigger tank in my house ..we are getting dwarf frogs with our siamese fighter fish in the smaller tank..i really would love to have marine fish as they are stunning
Back to top Go down

Favourite day out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1