Sheka's Shack
Welcome. You may now log in with your user name and password or register

Do you think it's ok for forum admin to delete

Go down

Do you think it's ok for forum admin to delete

Post by Sheka ~ Owner on Fri 26 Jan - 17:21

Posted by Nilla

Do you think it's okay for forum admins to delete inactive members? I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this. I am on a bunch of forums and I co-admin a forum with another member from here (Kyng) and sometimes when I am not "active enough" I am deleted, even after I register again and try to be as active as I can. It honestly makes me hurt because I feel like since I don't post enough I am not wanted. I honestly try to be as active as I can.

So what do you think? Do you think members should be removed after a certain time frame or if they are not active every day of the week?

My reply

Nilla my personal thoughts .
I don't expect any member to post here every day,or even once a week,I do however ask if for
whatever reason you can't post here within 3 months to send an email giving a reason for not posting.
I do have at least one member who I know can't make it here very often for reasons I am not going into as it's private
I would not delete her because I know why she can't get here and that would apply to anybody.
If however after me asking to be told that you can't make it here,no need to tell me personal stuff,somebody just
stays away for over 3 months ,then I email that person,if I don't get an answer then I would delete.
In over six years of owning this forum I have done this once,but didn't like it.I want our friends here to come when they want to
not because they think they must.
I hope this answers your question

"Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that mans'  shoes *Elvis*
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

http://shekasshack.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you think it's ok for forum admin to delete

Post by Nilla on Sat 27 Jan - 20:38

Yeah I think that is a pretty reasonable thing to do. I wish more admins would do that as well. But I don't think it's okay to get deleted after you have already explained yourself as to why you are away.
Nilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabbi ~ Moderator on Sun 28 Jan - 10:57

I think an e-mail after 3 months absence is in order, if they don't reply, there could be a reason for that so, maybe after another 3 months it should be considered. What irks me more than anything else is the one who joins a forum then disappears again with out ever posting at all. Why, what would you do that for? If I join a new forum I always post in the new members section then I'm off to the games. General chat to is a place I go.

Sabbi ~ Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by steel bat on Mon 29 Jan - 22:06

I haven't run an active forum for a while but when I did I never normally deleted an account except for those who had never posted at all and of course for spammers.
steel bat

http://steelbat.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum