Share | 

Post your book previews

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Post your book previews   Fri 9 Mar - 17:20

Sorry but when I made this section I deleted the posts that were there.Please would you like to repost them. :pnhit: Owner ~ Sheka

"Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that mans'  shoes *Elvis*
Back to top Go down
http://shekasshack.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sat 10 Mar - 10:49

I have just read a book called the face book killer .
It was great and free on kindle .
Its about a man whos daughter was raped(not grphically detaled as to upset a reader) at her birthday party and then they burned her parents home down killing her and her mother and leaving the man badly burned , Not to ruin it for everyone he then seeks revenge on the people responsible and there families .
It comes in two parts and if you like a crime thriller you wont be dissapointed i doubt .Its a cracking read I couldnt put it down .
Back to top Go down
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sat 10 Mar - 12:30

That sounds good Lady I'll look out for that one.

"Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that mans'  shoes *Elvis*
Back to top Go down
http://shekasshack.forumotion.co.uk
Mazzie

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sat 10 Mar - 15:37

I like the sound of that as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Tue 13 Mar - 1:54

i'm reading the Arthurian Saga (3 books). story of how Merlin, the Enchanter, helped Arthur become king of all Britain. starts out when merlin was young and the events that precede ultimately to arthur. the author is mary stewart.
a great read!
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Tue 13 Mar - 9:12

I loved those Arthurian stories which abounded in my school days, a truly believable fantasy at that time

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Tue 13 Mar - 13:57

I haven't read a book in quite awhile. Computers have me addicted to them.
But I used to read all the time.
One book that was very good, was called "Red Dragon", by Thomas Harris. It's actually the first book, that mentions Hannibal Lechter. It is before "The Silence of the Lambs".
This is graphic, but it is a great detective story. Harris goes into the psychology used to catch a killer. And the killer is pretty psychological. :)
This is as good a book, about a crazed murderer, as Psycho (the original) was on film.)

Last edited by musksnipe on Tue 13 Mar - 14:00; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : 'cause I can't spell)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Mon 26 Mar - 17:54

i've just finished reading "Lord of the Hills" by L.Holt.

an interesting read, it styles after phyllis whitney. their is a little mystery and a little mild romance.
Back to top Go down
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Wed 28 Mar - 16:34

I'm still working my way through the Christine Feehan carpathian books (vampire type) and I'm on book 6
and on my ebook it's the biography of Alison Arngrim..she was nellie olsen on little house on the prairie and love the show and was sad to read of her abuse from her brother and her useless parents but gives a good look at behind the scenes of little house..I'm only half way through
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sun 15 Apr - 13:16

Reading a David Baldacci novel "Christmas Train" an amusing light read about a ex war correspondent travelling between Washington DC to Los Angeles. Easy to read and quite amusing

Back to top Go down
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sun 15 Apr - 17:23

I'm on book 8 of the christine feehan carpathian books and halfway through that and enjoying it
on ebook I've just started a series of books by P.C Cast which is more for the younger people but I have read the twilight books and the vampire diaries series of books so thought I'd give these a go
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sun 15 Apr - 20:30

If you haven't Cee, you really must try Terry Pratchett and his Disc World series

Back to top Go down
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Mon 16 Apr - 6:56

will have to get round to them big b...have a long list of books to read as people keep telling me I should read this or that :haha:
Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Tue 17 Apr - 15:45

One of my favourite reads was Author Juliette Benzoni series of books:-

Belle Catherine Catherine and Arnaud Catherine, Royal Mistress Catherine's Quest Catherine's Time for Love

They are Historical/Romantic/Fiction but a wonderful read, i was hooked from book 1.

Back to top Go down
Sabbi ~ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Tue 17 Apr - 15:57

My absolute favourite set of books are by David Eddings, fantasy adventures,

The Belgariad

1. Pawn of Prophecy
2. Queen of Sorcery
3. Magician's Gambit
4. Castle of Wizardry
5. Enchanters' End Game

The Mallorean

1. Guardians of the West
2. King of the Murgos
3. Demon Lord of Karanda
4. The Sorceress of Darshiva
5. The Seeress of Kell

These two series of books are wonderful, full of adventure and intrigue, not unlike Lord of the Rings trilogy but in my opinion much much more exciting.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sat 28 Apr - 21:36

Sabbi wrote:
My absolute favourite set of books are by David Eddings, fantasy adventures,

The Belgariad

1. Pawn of Prophecy
2. Queen of Sorcery
3. Magician's Gambit
4. Castle of Wizardry
5. Enchanters' End Game

The Mallorean

1. Guardians of the West
2. King of the Murgos
3. Demon Lord of Karanda
4. The Sorceress of Darshiva
5. The Seeress of Kell

These two series of books are wonderful, full of adventure and intrigue, not unlike Lord of the Rings trilogy but in my opinion much much more exciting.

Ah! the Belgariad! yes, a must read indeed. wonderful story, i can't wait to own it for real!
i've not the other yet, but i plan on it!
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sun 29 Apr - 11:46

Just finished another Patricia Cornwell novell with the unbeatable Kay Scarletta as the central character, bit gory at times, but you know what your getting

Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Thu 3 May - 21:05

I read The Host by S. Meyer.
It was a very good science fiction novel, not the typical one. There was a very good message passed on under the story. She wrote in a way that makes you feel for the characters and it is like they are "your friends"...
There is a very good storyline that keeps you on the edge; you've got to read and read more because you just have to know what is going to happen.
There is a good pace to the story also. She makes you wonder about how it will end, but I still did get my "happy endings" (can't entertain myself if it doesn't end well...life is hard enough like that...don't need to see it or read it, if it is not the news...)
I really :jh: this book, great story!
Back to top Go down
http://friends.forum-nation.com/
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sun 13 May - 6:44

right now I'm trying to work my way through a biography of the Queen for her jubilee..she's had a long life lol
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Thu 24 May - 15:16

Dao-Ming wrote:
It was a very good science fiction novel, not the typical one. There was a very good message passed on under the story. She wrote in a way that makes you feel for the characters and it is like they are "your friends"...
There is a very good storyline that keeps you on the edge; you've got to read and read more because you just have to know what is going to happen.
There is a good pace to the story also. She makes you wonder about how it will end, but I still did get my "happy endings" (can't entertain myself if it doesn't end well...life is hard enough like that...don't need to see it or read it, if it is not the news...)

Read this on your recommendation Dao, I think it was probably 200 pages too long for my taste, but do agree it was entertaining. The romance side got a bit too soppy for me what with no graphic sex and just inuendo :lmao: I felt a little deprived. On the whole it was a good story from a fertile mind
Is this the author of the TV series built around vampires and such "Twilight"?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Thu 24 May - 19:43

Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner wrote:
Dao-Ming wrote:

Read this on your recommendation Dao, I think it was probably 200 pages too long for my taste, but do agree it was entertaining. The romance side got a bit too soppy for me what with no graphic sex and just inuendo :lmao: I felt a little deprived. On the whole it was a good story from a fertile mind
Is this the author of the TV series built around vampires and such "Twilight"?

:duck: i've read this book too......but i really liked it. oh, and yes, it's the same author who wrote the Twilight series (same as the movies).....i guess you'd have died reading those :lol: now there's a lot of sappy romance going on!! and no graphics :haha:

i'm reading the Wheel of Time series. a lot of people say the series just goes down the drain and how pathetic it gets, but so far so good!
Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Fri 25 May - 3:03

Yep! I read the Twilight Series too and it was great! I watched the movies also but that's another topic

Right now I'm reading the "Red Pyramid" by Rick Riordan! Another :wow: book! It is about 2 teens and their dad and uncle...big time adventure, background: Egyptology with magick, and gods and goddesses, so far 0 romance just action! I love anything with a Egypt tone...Thing is when I was young I wanted to be either an archeologist or a librarian, :book: both would have been a bliss..... :youwish: I ended up neither! :yell:

:oooooooop: that's another topic too....getting carried away again..... :shades:
Back to top Go down
http://friends.forum-nation.com/
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Fri 25 May - 6:56

finished reading one about the queen mother but it was by that terrible person Lady Colin Campbell so it was all gossip with no background and dropping names of who she got the gossip from..mostly from the Duke of Windsor who I wouldn't have trusted to tell me the grass was green..so I gritted teeth and read it all..rubbish book and horrible author
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Fri 25 May - 9:33

Cee wrote:
finished reading one about the queen mother but it was by that terrible person Lady Colin Campbell so it was all gossip with no background and dropping names of who she got the gossip from..mostly from the Duke of Windsor who I wouldn't have trusted to tell me the grass was green..so I gritted teeth and read it all..rubbish book and horrible author
Agree with you Cee, read the serialised version in the Daily Mail, utter garbage from a truly dislikeable person

Back to top Go down
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Mon 1 Oct - 7:01

right now I'm still on the christine feehan books in real book form...I have stopped reading for the last couple of months as I cant concentrate but started the other night to get back into my reading
on fake book (ebook) I've started a book about the FBI files on Frank Sinatra which actually looks at the files from the FBI
Back to top Go down

Post your book previews
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next