Post your book previews

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Mon 1 Oct - 23:14

Cee~Bookworm wrote:
right now I'm still on the christine feehan books in real book form...I have stopped reading for the last couple of months as I cant concentrate but started the other night to get back into my reading
on fake book (ebook) I've started a book about the FBI files on Frank Sinatra which actually looks at the files from the FBI

Cee, don't believe a word they say, Frankie old blue eyes was an innocent bystander

Back to top Go down
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Tue 2 Oct - 11:44

I would like to believe that as I'm sure the FBI has files on everyone famous..it'll just be that his is more colourful than most
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Thu 11 Oct - 23:05

for me, i'm still on the same series^^ :grello: just don't have time to read!!!! i think it's still a good one. found out though that i won't be able to read the last book until january the 8th 2013! well, will just have to be patient! lol
Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Joshua by Joseph E. Girzone   Wed 14 Nov - 0:09

I'm about done reading the novel "Joshua" and it is really :awe: It is a book written by a retired Catholic priest and no, the author doesn't try to shoved Christianity down your throat like some do....It is filled with good thoughts and gives you the "real" picture, the behind the scene of Christianity...what it is now, and what it was supposed to be. I like how that priest doesn't side with any denomination and doesn't spare the Catholic church just because he is part of them. I think that if he had written the novel while having a parish he would probably have been kept from serving it.....What he says is so true, at least this is what I have observed and it was so nice to see that even a priest noticed the flaws that are plaguing Christianity and how much it strayed away from the original message of Christ.

So that you can see for yourself I'm gonna type a little excerpt on his views about religion:

"Real religion is in people's hearts, not in buildings. Jesus tried to teach this lesson once before....Unfortunately, that lesson never caught on. Religious leaders always felt they had to organize people and structure the practice of religion in such a way that they would become highly respected mediaries with God, and religion then became the practice of doing what religious leaders told one to do.....Jesus taught that people are free, free to enjoy being God's children....this is impossible in the presence of rigid authority that needs to control people's thinking and their free expression. Jesus would be very unhappy over the way many religious leaders enjoy exercising authority....Jesus did not envision bosses....he wanted his apostles to guide and serve, not to dictate and legislate...unfortunately, religious leaders model themselves after civil governments and treat people accordingly....making religion a tangible set of measurable religious observances, which is legalistic and superficial....Religious leaders constantly fall into this pitfall of wanting to control religion and people's practice of religion, and not allowing people to think for themselves for fear they will lose control over them...Jesus never intended that religion do the damage to people that it has. It is horrible how many religious leaders have persecuted and even had people tortured for their beliefs. Even God respects people's freedom, and faith is a gift....Religious leaders...must resist the temptation to run the parish as a business....Priests are too stuck on their own authority to allow the people to be free and to function as mature Christians...Religious leaders of each church feel their religion is the true religion. God doesn't view religion as structures. He loves people, and where people are trying sincerely to serve him and love one another, God is with them. God laughs at petty rivalries and ignores arrogant attitudes that make people think they are first in God's eyes....Each group of Christians expresses something different in what Jesus taught, but none of them reflects completely the spirit of Jesus...."
Back to top Go down
http://friends.forum-nation.com/
Sheka ~ Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Wed 14 Nov - 1:05

Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner wrote:
Cee~Bookworm wrote:
right now I'm still on the christine feehan books in real book form...I have stopped reading for the last couple of months as I cant concentrate but started the other night to get back into my reading
on fake book (ebook) I've started a book about the FBI files on Frank Sinatra which actually looks at the files from the FBI

Cee, don't believe a word they say, Frankie old blue eyes was an innocent bystander

Tracy you can't say anything against "Old Blue Eyes" to Big B ,his idol :mosking:

"Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that mans'  shoes *Elvis*
Back to top Go down
http://shekasshack.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Thu 15 Nov - 15:27

interesting book there Dao!

right now i'm reading "adam" from ted dekker. suppose to be a thriller with good versus evil. i'm only on chapter one, so we'll see if it's good!
Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sat 17 Nov - 2:36

Never read from Ted Dekker but I will have to try one of this days....Some of his series seem real good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sat 17 Nov - 19:47

i think you would like it :wink:

Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sat 24 Nov - 12:14

He's on my list to read Dao-Ming

Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Wed 5 Dec - 12:19

Just rewad Adam by Ted Dekker, mixed feelings. Have borrowed Bone man's Daughter from library but not started yet

Back to top Go down
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Wed 5 Dec - 17:38

12 days if Christmas by Trisha Ashley...was a good book with funny bits in it and one of those books that all was right in the world after you finished reading it...a feel good book
I'm on A winter's Tale by the same author and it's not seeming as fun for now and I can see an annoying character about to pop in..but it'll be all right in the world by the end of the book if it's anything like the first book I read by this author
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Thu 6 Dec - 20:03

Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner wrote:
Just rewad Adam by Ted Dekker, mixed feelings. Have borrowed Bone man's Daughter from library but not started yet

boneman's daughter isn't my favorite....personally i really liked "skin" for me, it's one of his best.
i did like adam, but again not a favorite.
am readin three from ted dekker now. so far, so good.
Back to top Go down
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Fri 28 Dec - 10:29

my son bought me some biographies for xmas so right now I'm reading the one about David Mitchell (the comedian) and it's ok..he rants on a bit though
Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Fri 28 Dec - 15:41

I'm got "The lost enchantress" by Patricia Coughlin for Christmas and started on it. I love the way it starts and so far it is really good! It's about an enchantress/witch that set aside her powers to have an ordinary life until things happen...I've just read few pages so I'll be back later on for a better review!
Back to top Go down
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Tue 1 Jan - 17:48

I'm now onto my next biography...Comedian Michael McIntyre..have to say I don't watch him on tv at all but find his book very funny..was surprised to find out that his dad was one of the main men who worked with Kenny Everett who I loved when I was young (kenny not michael's dad lol)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Mon 7 Jan - 14:07

well, i've just finished reading "monster" by frank peretti. it was good, though i was hoping for a better thriller i guess lol.
decided to read one more dekker, and so now have started "burn" has a good start, and i'm thinking there is going to be a twist at the end. but it's not of those thriller going on several characters running around lol.
Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Tue 8 Jan - 19:44

So many books, so little time!!!! :grizzle:
I'm still reading the Lost Enchantress, so far I didn't have much time to read....It is still going good, mysterious, magical...still like it a lot!
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sun 13 Jan - 12:37

My reading matter at the moment is a thriller by Ted Allbeury called Due Process. Wasn't enamoured early on but, stuck with it and no fully engrossed. The Maffia use a cocktail of drugs and hypnosis to further their needs of greed and the assassination of JFK is also in the story, good fiction, (I hope) as the truth, if any, is surely frightening

Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Tue 22 Jan - 12:50

Just finished a Tom Sharpe novel "Wilt goes Nowhere" read all his books and I'm a big fan. Written humour is great if you find the right author

Back to top Go down
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Tue 22 Jan - 13:46

right now I'm reading the mammoth book of time travel romance...which is a book full of short stories all about time travel and romance lol..I'm halfway through it and have to say that the stories in it I've read so far are really good and wished they had been longer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Thu 21 Feb - 22:03

i'm reading the last book in a series called "the seven realms" by Cinda Williams Chima

i'm enjoying it. it's fantasy, wizards, queens, and such...my style lol
Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sun 24 Feb - 21:55

I forgot to give my final review on The Lost Enchantress...

It was really good except 3 boring love scenes that were pushed too far for my taste.

Right now I'm reading "Life On The Other Side" by S. Browne. It is quite interesting, though there are some things she says that I'm not too sure about. This is another vision of what is commonly called "Heaven"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Thu 25 Apr - 16:02

i'm reading clockwork angel by Cassandra Clare. loving every minute of it. the mortal instruments (same author) are really good too
Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Fri 26 Apr - 16:36

Just finished as 3 book series Darkest Powers by Kelley Armstrong

That was awesome, keeps you on the edge all the way! fast paced bunch of adventure, the characters are really sticking with you, they are a bunch of teens who have special powers Witch, sorcerers, necromancer, werewolf, etc...you've got ghost friendly and other not so...a good plot...

Well just awesome! at least for me!
Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sun 26 May - 20:23

I have started to read "Pet Semetary" by S. King

Someone told me I should try...I've never read any of King's novel as they are said to be quite scary but that friend got me intrigued and well, I can always stop to read if I see that I can't handle it! :backing:
So far so good...it does start in a way that you can't imagine it would be scary...but I sense the tension building up at homeopathic dose! I've got to admit that S. King writes well! And fortunately not too many cuss words...so far!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   

Back to top Go down

Post your book previews
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next