AuthorMessage
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sun 26 May - 23:20

A real scary film Dao so watch out

Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Wed 29 May - 17:39

That's what my friend told me! Didn't have much time to continue my reading with the on-going harvest...but so far so good, another ghost popped up but nothing more than an usual ghostly apparition...I'm holding my breath!
Back to top Go down
http://friends.forum-nation.com/
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Wed 26 Jun - 20:40

Well I had to stop reading it....He plays too much with your mind in a very subbtle way; I had a gut's feeling to stop before it messes me up:afaid: especially as I live surrounded by pastures and forests and i love it so I didn't want to feel uneasy about the forest that I love so much!

So this was my 2nd attempt to read something from S. King and I guess his novels are just not for me! Didn't start on anything else yet...
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Fri 28 Jun - 12:25

Very intelligent and a sensible decision Dao, why let some millionaire ruin your peaceful existence with his ramblings. I was similarly affected by Bram Stoker's Dracula it really made my heart pound during the final retreat of the Count before his demise, mind you I had to finish it

Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Wed 3 Jul - 17:58

That's my daughter she has trouble not to finish a book even if she knows its passing her limits....
Back to top Go down
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Fri 5 Jul - 11:57

I'm working my way through the lyndsay sands argeaneau series of vampire books...I have read them all before but in book form..these ones are on ebook..I don't have the concentration to start new books as I would get lost halfway through with my memory being bad too but I seem to be ok with books I have read before..so going through these..so I will then work my way through the kresley cole immortals books..then the sherrilyn kenyon dark hunter books..all these I have read before
Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sun 7 Jul - 1:16

The dark hunter books are on my list!!! they seem awesome!
Did you read The Immortals series by Alyson Noel? They are said to be great....but I still have to read them....so many books, so little time! *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Cee~Bookworm

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sun 7 Jul - 10:35

fantasy lover the first dark hunter book was really good... was one of those books that made me cry..so if you are weepy you'll like that one..the rest were more the normal type of books that these lot usually are..
not read alyson noel..will have to look for them on ebook..they take up less room..as a pleased hubby is as he couldn't move for books
christine feehan's carpathians series of books are good too

so grabbed a pencil to write down alyson noel and will go off and look for them on ebook
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Mon 8 Jul - 11:24

Magdalena Curse by F C Cottam, bit of witchcraft here for you ladies who wish to be scared, set mainly in Scotland a tale of ex military man who is now cursed

Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Mon 8 Jul - 18:20

Took note of that one too! Thanks Imbrutus!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Fri 12 Jul - 16:34

lol, i'm reading vampire stuff right now myself. i've finished re-reading vampire academy by richelle mead, and not i'm read another series connected the the former called "the bloodlines" series. i am on book 2 right now. so far, i like them all :vhap: 

yea, i like the immortals by alyson noel.

but one thing you have to know, is that if you're thinking aventure and such....no. it's more leaning toward romance even though it's not heavy at all.
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sat 13 Jul - 0:18

I'm getting eerie vibes here from the fairer sex here, why do you all seem go for the vampire and weird stuff? Methinks you are all missing out on something or is it a craving for the supernatural?:runforit: 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sat 13 Jul - 17:20

:rofl: personally i enjoy fantasy type books very much. i'm not against reading about vampires or anything....my motto: as long as it's good...who cares? lol
i guess one reason why everybody is reading it is since it's the latest craze, there are a ton of books out there with the supernatural.
nah, i'm not craving to be a vampire or anything :afaid:  see, being a woman is already awesome in itself, :142p:  :girlpower:  but i enjoy a good read. even if i happen to pick up some supernatural book :rumba: 
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sun 14 Jul - 0:04

Fair enough Fyrefly, but if you find yourself believing any of it I know a good psychiatrist and he doesn't charge too much just a small amount of the red stuff once a week and he will even allow you to sleep in his spare black box, which is eerily coffin shaped. If you get bored with the vampire stories try a Dennis Wheatley novel where the hero fights the masters of black magic:grello: , sleep well if you can

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Tue 16 Jul - 14:16

:scr:  i think i'll make sure to stay sane! lol :vhap: 

actually i never heard of Dennis Wheatley, and i'm intrigued! what do you recommend? :wink: 
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Tue 16 Jul - 15:15

fyrefly wrote:
:scr:  i think i'll make sure to stay sane! lol :vhap: 

actually i never heard of Dennis Wheatley, and i'm intrigued! what do you recommend? :wink: 

He died in 1977 so it's all his old works which are still available from Amazon. Try To the devil a daughter, scary but believable

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Tue 16 Jul - 22:32

Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner wrote:

He died in 1977 so it's all his old works which are still available from Amazon. Try To the devil a daughter, scary but believable

ah. thank you for your recommendation! :clapppppppp: 
but i'd definitely would have to go through amazon, because my library doesn't have any of his works! :moan: 
Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Wed 17 Jul - 21:49

Didn't know about that author either...

well, I'm more for adventure than romance but i guess i'll give a try to the immortals nontheless as it is not a "heavy" romance which i find boring...

Vampires....ah....yeah I agree with Fyrefly, it is the fad nowadays and bunch of authors are digging into it, I guess they saw how well the Twilight series sold and they can't help themselves...

Well, it's as good a story as any other themes and if it is well done that's an enjoyable ride! I did love the Twilight series...

Do I get trap in the glamorous image of the vampires? no, I could care less...lol! I would not fantasize being one or loving one which some visibly truly are into that....I heard there are people who dress as such and hold "vampire parties" pretending to suck blood and all...that would not be my style at all!

I rather keep the Vampires as another type of Fantasy novels....
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sat 20 Jul - 10:16

Have got the franchise rights to sell this beautiful garlic chain if any of you girls feel threatened

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ffphotos/ffphotos-production/000/000/014/photos/14/photos/blog.jpeg?1294620190

Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Tue 23 Jul - 17:27

:yeah: :giggle77: 
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Sat 3 Aug - 15:33

In the middle of a Janet Evanovich novel with bounty hunter Stephanie Plum up to her tricks again.
Read probably 7 or 8 books by J E and their easy reading and sometimes quite amusing, especially the grandmother on her visits to the funeral home to view the deceased whether she knew them well or not

Back to top Go down
Dao-Ming

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Mon 5 Aug - 16:40

Well, i'm reading 3 books at a time! :afaid: Yep, that happens at time can't choose want them all! :gig: 

So i'm reading the kindle book "House of darkness house of light" by Andrea Perron. The books that inspired the movie "The Conjuring". So it is the true record of their spooky experience in that farm house they bought in the 70's. Quite interesting as she doesn't try to "add on", she tells it the way it happened. I like it a lot so far and it doesn't scare me.

2nd book: "Let the Hurricane roar" by Rose Wilder Lane, daughter of Laura Ingalls Wilder... so she retell the story of her grand parents Caroline and Charles Ingalls. Which is very good as she tells it differently than Laura. You see it from another angle.

3rd book:The prophecy of the stones by Flavia Bujor
This is a fantasy book, that was "said" to be good even for adults but really in truth it's just "ok" for adults as it is too childish in the style. You can tell she wrote it at 15 years old. But, heck i'm still reading it till the end, 'cause I can't help but finish the books i start unless it is going over my standards like the book "Pet Semetery" that I had started and stopped reading as it was going to far for me....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Wed 7 Aug - 20:01

i'm reading the continuing series to the Percy Jacksons.
loved the first series, and the second one is just as good.
i am on book two now: The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
it's all about demigods and the Olympians, that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Thu 8 Aug - 11:11

Another Michael Cordy book nearly finished. Very like the Dan Brown novels but with a little more adventure, boys own stuff similar to Romancing the stone

Back to top Go down
Imbrutus ~ Co-Owner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   Fri 9 Aug - 16:17

After finishing the book I googled the manuscript the tale is based on. "voynich manuscript" Now if any of you readers can decipher the code a fortune awaits and don't forget you heard it here first

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your book previews   

Back to top Go down

Post your book previews
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next